Monday, August 15, 2011

Enchilada Lasagna

Where's Kelly?

That is what everyone keeps asking me.  I should change my outfit to horn rimmed glasses and a red & white striped shirt and change my name to Waldo right?!! lol....

It seems that summer has just whizzed by.  I am not complaining that is for sure.  Have had a great summer so far.  A few ups and downs, but so far so good.  Just hoping for an Indian Summer so I can recoup some of my wasted time.

My awesome sister came and visited during my week at the fair with the Cheerleaders.  Sure wish we could've spent time golfing, but I enjoyed her company at the Fair.  She bought me my first pair of bling bling capris and a pair of bling bling jeans.  She is the best ever.  Oh and for anyone who wants a pair of these awesome jeans contact Kory Olsen at the Cascade Farmer's Flea Market, her business is called Tracks and Racks and her prices are to die for.  She has the cutest pants, capris, shorts, purses, belts, hats and all kinds of really super cute bling bling clothes.

I have not spent a lot of time in the kitchen at all and it's really getting to me.  I need my Zen and I am not getting it.  I did place the Lemon Blueberry Coffe Cake into the fair and won first place in my division and 3rd place overall, that was a good accomplishment.  I sold the delicious Carne Asada Tacos and Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches at the Fair and SOLD OUT!!!!  Learned some things to do and not to do next year that is for sure...

One thing I will NOT to do is spray Eazy Off Oven Cleaner in my stove, forget to wipe the excess off of the heating element and leave it overnight.  The morning of my first day of fair and had to get the coffee cake into the fair by 1:30pm, I went to clean out the oven and uh yeah the oven element disintegrated in my hands!!! Oh all I could do is laugh about it because really what else was there to do.  UGH!  Thank goodness for Ebay, got a new one a week later and back to cooking for me.  A week some of you say?  Well I live over an hour away from any major store so a week is good timing.

So for the first time tonight I actually cooked in my semi new oven.  I found this delicioso recipe today and fed it to the family and the extended family (Joey and Tucker).  It was a hit and its all gone already, bummer, no left overs for work tomorrow.  Oh well everyone is stuffed and happy...... My job is complete for the day.

 Photo by Kelly Taylor

Enchilada Lasagna
adapted from mogwaisoup.blogspot.com

2 Tbsp. virgin olive oil
1 lb. chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces
5 cups mexican blend cheese
1 can cream of celery
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup canned and chopped green chilies, drained
small corn tortillas
1 tsp ancho chili powder
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 Tbsp parsley flakes
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper

Preheat oven to 425°
Brown chicken in a pan with the 2 Tbsp of virgin olive oil; season with salt, pepper, cumin, ancho chili powder, garlic and parsley.

In a bowl combin cream of celery, cream of chicken, sour cream, cheddar soup mix and green chilis.
Prepare a bowl of water to do dip the corn tortillas in.  In a 9 x 13 in. baking dish, put 1/2 cup of the cream mix on the bottom of the baking dish and spread.  Layer a row of tortillas followed by cream mix, chicken and cheese.  Repeat.  Make three layers of this.

Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted and golden brown on top.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment